Sport Works’ Aspire Programme has been specifically designed to provide vocational support for children and young adults who do not typically engage successfully within mainstream education.
We have chosen to work with a range of awarding bodies, including EdExcel, ASDAN, Sports Leaders UK and the National Open College Network, to provide nationally recognised qualifications within Sport, Leadership, Health and Leisure.
The Sport Works Aspire Initiative was first launched in April 2009 as part of South Tyneside Council’s strategic objective to enhance Alternative Education provision within Secondary Schools. Subsequently, the programme has been established in several other Local Authorities throughout the UK.
A robust assessment of the intervention programme was conducted during 2009/10 and is ongoing throughout the current 2010/11 Academic Year.
Research highlights the following impact:
- Individual pupil attendance within school increased by 30%*
- The number of pupils registered onto GCSE (or equivalent) examinations increased by 21%*
- Significant’ improvements within pupil attitude, commitment and interpersonal skills reported by Senior Management
- Fewer incidences of ‘aggressive’ or intimidating behaviour reported by Senior Management (not quantified)
- Self reported improvements in confidence, communicatory skills and employability prospects (pupil self assessment)
- Pass rate over 80% within sport specific qualifications
* Mean value based on engaged learners 2009/10 and 2010/11.
“Our students have dramatically benefited from the programme; not only are they developing sporting proficiency and improving their health, but confidence, behaviour and general social skills have also improved. Attendance has dramatically increased as a direct result of the programme”.
Sport Works (Yorkshire) Ltd, 52 Speeton Avenue, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD7 4NQ
Telephone: 01274 800 547 Email: email@example.com
Company registered in England: 08657618 ©Copyright. All Right Reserved.